Monday, July 4, 2011

A recap of my past week!

It's been a fwe days since I updated, so here is my best try at an overview of the past week.

Last Monday:
I woke up rather early, after going to bed quite early and missing dinner, so I decided to lay in be dofr a while. It was awkward because I had no idea what time anyone was supposed to get up or anything. After I heard Habiba (the maid) stir, I decided to get up and get ready. I walked into the living room to be greeted with a beautiful breakfast of breads, jams, cheeses, olives, and of course Moroccan mint tea. It was wonderful! I was feeling very anxious about finding the taxi and getting to school, as well as being extremely discomforted from the intense sunburn from the previous day at the beach, so I did note at very much. My host father then joined the breakfast table, and told me that Habiba would show me the taxi. 10 minutes of picking at my croissant went by and then I took the initiative to leave for school. Habiba arranged the taxi for me, and I then pursued what felt like the longest 3 minute ride of my life. When we pulled up to the gate of the school, I saw my friend Eitan and I pretty much started to cry. I was so happy to see someone I knew after a weekend with the host family. It wasn't a bad weekend, just odd.
After a great class and more mint tea, I walked home with my friend Kelsey.It took a while and we took a few inciental detours, but overall it was a good walk. A shower was in store, and then I ate dinner and watched a Moroccan drama, and went to bed.
Tuesday will follow soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment